Monday 31 January 2011

some more sketches and ideas

Here's a few more sketches for my album cover project. This first upload is my final idea for my back cover; keeping to the urban theme of the original album and my front cover i wanted it to be more simple in contrast to the front cover which is heavily photoshopped and has a lot going on. It's basically a photograph of a painted line on a road surface which will probably be shot in the same car park as my front cover...



This next sketch is of the insert/leaflet that will feature notes on the band, selected lyrics and quotes. It will be an accordion-style fold out piece of card. For the design printed in the background i am going to go for either a top down view of a double yellow line in the road, various restrictive road signs or a top down view of my guitar placed on a road/tarmac surface. Again these are all urban themed and i will use post processing in photoshop to give them all a contrasty, edgy look similar to that in the screenshots from the Bittersweet Symphony video i posted earlier on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment