Wednesday 24 November 2010

capturing screenshots and creating actions in photoshop

To capture the screen shots below i used Command + Shift + 3 to capture the entire screen so i could take many screen shots quickly and easily. After i captured all the stills i wanted i put them into a folder, opened one of them in photoshop and created an action which i could apply to every image to make the cropping quicker. Here is how i done it:


I started by opening the screen grab in photoshop.

 I then opened the actions window and created a new action folder and a custom action.

After naming the action i made sure it was recording and then cropped the screen grab to the size i wanted.

To apply the crop effect to all the screen shots i used the Batch tool.

After selecting the input and output paths i began the process which saved me like... 15 minutes of work. Now i know this technique i am sure it will help me with a lot of my photoshop work.

No comments:

Post a Comment